Voice recognition with ability to record voice

1. SDK Version: 45
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.
    … I’m working on an application which will use voice recognition to search for some products.
    These products are names and the voice feature not giving accurate result.
    So to fix this I’m using soundx feature.
    but sometime I have to manually correct the result and to do so only saving the text result is not a solution, so I need to record the search voice result.
    but I’m not able to do it from the same voice library.
    is there any recommendations or solution ?
    Regards

Hi @asmezher

What are you using for this at the moment? @react-native-voice/voice?

I’m not sure how well this would work, but perhaps you could record the audio and then feed the audio file to the voice recognition engine? Maybe in chunks. (Probably a bad idea)

Another thought: Picovoice has various products and one or two of them might help with this. I see they have a page for “search by voice”.

I’ve only tested their “Rhino” product before. If you have a limited set of products, maybe that would work. Otherwise one of their other products might be worth a look.

Thank you for the valuable reply,
Actually yes I’m using @react-native-voice/voice and It’s working well for recognition and training as I made a code to compare using soundx.
To sole this I’m planing to add a popup when the recognition failed to find a suitable result, something like “Help us make the search result better”, then they will be able to record their voice.
I don’t know if this is a good idea from a UX point of view.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.