Video can't be played when posterSource is set

If I set posterSource and usePoster on a Video component, I can see the poster image, but there is no play icon to start the video, if I remove those properties, I can see the play icon on a black background.
this is the code I use:

<Video
          ref={this.player}
          style={[styles.image]}
          source={source}
          resizeMode={resizeMode}
          onLoad={this._onLoad}
          onError={this._onError}
          useNativeControls={true}
          posterSource={posterSource}
          usePoster={true}
        />

is this the aspected behaviour for the Video component?

Hey @violable,

Do you think you could create a minimal, reproducible example of this using Snack? https://snack.expo.io/

It really helps us with the debugging process and sometimes it helps you figure out that the issue isn’t from the code you thought.

Cheers,

Adam

@violable I think this is probably the expected result, usually the poster is there while the video loads / when the video is finished. If you were to not show the poster and load a big video, you wouldn’t see any controls and that would be odd, but if you hide the poster when the video is done loading, you would see the controls and everything would make sense. You could also always build custom controls and place them over the video component if this is the desired effect.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.