Using NFC library

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a app that can communicate with NFC chips in lamps. I use create-react-native-app from Expo and I’ve found this library.

The library basically makes it easy to communicate with the NFC chip in the device, both iOS and Android are supported. I get a warning that basically every function is undefined from this library. I’m starting to think that you cannot use this library if you do not use/have the native code for the specific platform. Is that true?

Short questions:

• Can’t I use third party libraries that use native codes?
  • Is there another way to use the NFC chip in a Android or iOS device?
  • If the above question is answered with no, will this be supported soon?

I hope someone is willing to answer my question(s), as I am not the only one wanting to know this.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Detaching will allow you to use custom native modules: https://docs.expo.io/versions/v28.0.0/expokit/detach

You could try detaching and including the NFC library in your app’s native code.

That is really something I rather not do. Is there really no other way as of now? And is NFC implementation planned in the (near) future? I hope it is!

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately yes, this is the only way to add native code. :confused: You could make and track a new request on: Feature Requests | Expo

Thanks allot for your answer. I found a already existing request on the site you provided here.

Thanks again and lets hope its being implemented as soon as possible!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.