Using expo managed workflow without EAS

I am still in planning phase weather to use expo or rn-cli.
Until now all projects I made were made with rn-cli but I like expo packages quality and expo cli commands.
What bugs me is if I make app with expo managed wf and I am ready to submit the app can I do it the same way I did it in rn-cli:

• via xcode archive build and upload to store
  • make .aab file and upload to store
    Or I am missing some other commands what I need to know is can I do builds and submits to the store without ever touching EAS?

Just to clarify terms, if you have managed expo app then you wouldn’t have android/ios directories. To build that you need to use one of those options:

• build on EAS
  • build locally with eas-cli (eas build --local)
  • generate android/ios dirs with npx expo prebuild and then build that in androd studio/xcode

It sounds like you have android/ios dirs, so you are on a bare workflow. In that case it’s up to you whether you want to use android studio / xcode or eas build --local. It’s fine either way.

Or I am missing some other commands what I need to know is can I do builds and submits to the store without ever touching EAS?

EAS is a set of services that is intended to simplify building and submiting to the store. If you don’t want to use it, you need to use the same process as for the regular react native app. There is no third solution.

If you are fine with using EAS tools, but want to run everything on your own infrastructure, then you can use eas build --local for building, but EAS Submit has no local alternative, so you need to use Transporter for iOS and play store website for android.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.