How do I do step 3 in the instructions to use App Signing by Google Play?
The certificate used to sign the first APK uploaded to the store will be your upload certificate and each new release needs to be signed with it.
- Can I use the app signing certificate, or does it need to be an upload certificate, which I need to email Google to create?
- When does Expo ask for a certificate? My previous attempts using
expo build:android -c -t app-bundleor
expo credentials:manager, it asks for keystores. I stop
expo build:androidbefore it gets on the build queue, I’ve only been experimenting.
- How can I provide Expo a keystore, when letting Google Play handle the app signing key means that Google stores the keystore themselves and never gives it to us? The only alternative I’ve found so far by reading Android docs is to use Android Studio to generate an upload keystore, but that kind of defeats the purpose of Expo.
- If I try to use the app signing certificate when it asks for a keystore, Expo asks for an alias, or a password. As Google created the app signing certificate, I don’t know either of those things.
After step 2, creating the new application in Play Console and selecting Continue to let Google Play handle the app signing key, my App Signing section in Play Console looks like this:
I therefore think I don’t have access to the following?
- The upload key, or the upload keystore
- The app signing key
- An upload certificate, before I ask Google to make one.