Upgrade Expo 30: Native module cannot be null

Did Expo 30 upgrade. Giving me Native module cannot be null. Usually means you did something wrong with import/export modules, but its telling me AppRegistry itself is not found. Any ideas? Was working fine just prior to this with 29.

Module AppRegistry is not a registered callable module (calling runApplication)

Hey @ericjames,

This usually occurs if you are running an older version of the Expo Client. Can you make sure you have the latest installed?

Cheers,

Adam

Ugh silly me I didn’t update app.json sdkVersion to 30. I keep thinking this step is done when updating package.json.

And a tangential note for other users. I hadn’t removed the CRNA stuff from package.json. For example I have "main": "./node_modules/react-native-scripts/build/bin/crna-entry.js" and jest points to node node_modules/jest/bin/jest.js and react-native-scripts as a dev dependency. So I removed that stuff and switched it out per Expo CLI 2.0 released. Expo CLI 2.0 is the tool for building… | by Ville Immonen | Exposition.

Question: Do I still need "react-test-renderer": "16.2.0" under devDependencies? I think this was from CRNA

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.