updating to react native 0.59.2, build fail bare expo app.

I created my project bare react native project with expo init,
I was based on version 0.58.6, now I am trying to update it to version 0.59.2.

I used rn-diff-purge to resolve conflicts.
but I am not able to build my project. Getting this error:

Could not resolve com.android.support:support-annotations:26.1.0.
Required by:
project :expo-react-native-adapter > com.facebook.react:react-native:0.59.2 > com.android.support:appcompat-v7:28.0.0 > com.android.support:support-compat:28.0.0 > android.arch.lifecycle:runtime:1.1.1

Cannot find a version of ‘com.android.support:support-annotations’ that satisfies the version constraints:
Dependency path ‘host.exp.exponent:expo-react-native-adapter:3.0.0’ → ‘host.exp.exponent:expo-image-loader-interface:3.0.0’ → ‘com.android.support:support-annotations:27.1.1’

Please help me out, if anybody has any idea about the logs

Same problem here, this seems to be a recent issue therefore I’ve not found any real discussion about it anywhere else yet.

ERROR: Unable to resolve dependency for ':expo-react-native-adapter@debug/compileClasspath': Could not resolve com.android.support:support-annotations:27.1.1.
Show Details
Affected Modules: expo-react-native-adapter

ERROR: Unable to resolve dependency for ':expo-react-native-adapter@debug/compileClasspath': Could not resolve com.android.support:support-annotations:27.1.1.
Show Details

ERROR: Unable to resolve dependency for ':expo-react-native-adapter@debug/compileClasspath': Could not resolve com.android.support:support-annotations:28.0.0.
Show Details

ERROR: Unable to resolve dependency for ':expo-react-native-adapter@debug/compileClasspath': Could not resolve com.android.support:support-annotations:26.1.0.
Show Details

@opticfroggy I found the solution for this man.
I seached a lot, ended up going to flutter issues and found solution there :slight_smile:

add this code in your android->build.gradle file below all projects.

fore more info. see here 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7' has different version for the compile (26.1.0) and runtime (27.0.1) classpath · Issue #14020 · flutter/flutter · GitHub

allprojects {
    repositories {
        google()
        jcenter()
    }
}

subprojects {
    project.configurations.all {
        resolutionStrategy.eachDependency { details ->
            if (details.requested.group == 'com.android.support'
                    && !details.requested.name.contains('multidex') ) {
                details.useVersion "26.1.0"