Unable to Validate Apple Credentials

When trying to run exp:build ios, I keep on getting the following output:

Validating Apple credentials...
[exp] Error validating credentials. You may need to clear them (with `-c`) and try again.
[exp] Unable to validate credentials. Request ID xxxxxxxxxxx, message: Internal error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes or contact support.

I’ve cleared my credentials and have tried again multiple times to no avail. I’ve also tried this on multiple NPM versions, and on Yarn too - it still doesn’t work.

I’ve popped onto the Slack group and a lot of people have been getting this error message too.

2 Likes

Hi! Can you provide the request id from that error message? There’s no harm to pasting it publicly, and it’s the fastest way for us to look up what went wrong here.

Sorry about that - here’s the request ID.

1db5e4e0-6b13-11e7-92e9-ddb26e94d202

Hi! It looks like this was due to a temporary issue we had on one of the builders. Can you try again?

1 Like

I no longer see the original error message above (I was seeing it last night), but now when I run exp build:status, I see:

> exp build:status
[exp] Making sure project is set up correctly...
[exp] Your project looks good!
[exp] Checking if current build exists...

[exp] ============
[exp] Build Status
[exp] ============

[exp] iOS: There was an error with this build.

When requesting support, please provide this build ID:

undefined

I was able to build iOS successfully last week. Is there anything I can provide to help debug this?

Sorry about that, there’s a bug with a pending-release fix for the missing build IDs. Can you paste the build ID that’s output from when the job was started?

Sure, I see Build ID: b561f7ae-d91c-4c2d-bbe0-538a48a5d362

I can confirm that the build job is successful now. Thanks for sorting this out!

I continue having the same issue unless I manually remove the certificates from Apple Developer portal and then publish using -c. If I try to build using build:ios I get Error validating credentials. You may need to clear them (with -c) and try again

Here’s my request ID
06162560-6ba5-11e7-9933-094a433843b1

@synapse it looks like Apple is reporting that the certs we previously had stored for you were no longer associated with your dev center account, which would explain why clearing them out and generating new ones resolves the issue. We have some improvements planned for this in the future, but it might be a little bit before we can offer more fine-grained control of cert creation.

1 Like

Is there a way to manually clean the build? Since it works only with -c means then it means then somewhere it keeps my old stored certificates.

Has this been solved as I’m getting the same errors when I was able to build two days ago. Used -c several times, still getting errors.

I’ve tried everything I can think of: deleting all provisioning profiles and distribution certs in the dev portal, and running with -c.

[exp] Error validating credentials. You may need to clear them (with `-c`) and try again.
[exp] Unable to validate credentials. Request ID 2fe33fe0-7474-11e7-8d72-c13f95d41540, message: Internal error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes or contact support.

Could someone check that Request ID?

UPDATE:

@skevy helped me get this working. Deleting all certs, running with -c, and letting Expo handle certs is now working for me.

Wish I could say the same. I’ve gotten an IPA build to work 1 time. Granted I’ve only gone through this exercise 2 times, but each of those 2 times, I’ve spent hours trying to get past the dreaded:

exp] Error validating credentials. You may need to clear them (with `-c`) and try again.
[exp] Unable to fetch distribution certificate. Request ID 026f89b0-829d-11e7-9a02-f7ecc669deeb, message: Internal error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes or contact support.

Have tried a half-dozen things from Slack Channel, Stackoverflow, and this forum.

fyi … there was a confirmed issue with the Expo build machines yesterday … that said, today i circled back and went got an IPA into itunes connect that was installed and tested by our beta testers … the biggest thing was for me to revisit all of the recommendations you’ve already made in https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/guides/building-standalone-apps.html

Same issue to me. This is my Request ID: 06a551e0-8513-11e7-8bac-bd934d73cb6d
Could someone help me!? I’m using latest expo sdk version(v20)

I got error building IOS too, my request ID: dce9a130-8733-11e7-b518-8b3e547ff520
Please help, thanks.

Same issue to me.
Could someone help me!? I’m using latest expo sdk version(v20)

Unable to validate credentials. Request ID 54558810-86df-11e7-97cb-25c7c3cd1ce1, message: Internal error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes or contact support.

I keep trying again many times but it keeps failing, I also tried with ‘-c’ option but it still does not work. Please help. Below is the output:

[exp] Making sure project is set up correctly...
\[exp] Warning: You are using npm version 5.3.0. There may be bugs in this version, use it at your own risk. We recommend version 4.6.1.
[exp] Your project looks good!
[exp] Checking if current build exists...

[exp] No currently active or previous builds for this project.
[exp] Checking for existing Apple credentials...
[exp] Validating Apple credentials...
[exp] Credentials valid.
[exp] Validating distribution certificate...
[exp] Unable to validate credentials. Request ID fec53af0-8871-11e7-aa04-1761ec59ac7d, message: Internal error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes or contact support.

I created distribution certificate manually, build again with ‘-c’ option, specify my own distribution certificate’s p12 file, let Expo handle push certificate, then it start building. But after a while when I check exp build:status it says:

[exp] iOS: There was an error with this build.