Unable to send notification to Android "InvalidCredentials: Failed to authenticate with the FCM server. Ensure the FCM server key you uploaded is correct."

1. SDK Version: 3.27.13
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

Hi. I’ve been developing an react native app using expo for a while now and I’ve decided to a add in notifications into the app which worked perfectly (on iOS and Android) when I last tested them a week ago.

Im now testing the notifications and I am only able to receive notifications to my iOS device and not my Android device (neither an emulator nor a physical device) and Im now getting an error when using the Expo Notifications Tool saying

InvalidCredentials: Failed to authenticate with the FCM server. Ensure the FCM server key you uploaded is correct.

I’ve looked everywhere online and I can’t seem to find a solution to this problem. Some have suggested adding my FCM key to the project by using the expo push:android:upload --api-key myApiKey but that didn’t work. The result of expo push:android:show is as follows:

lennor@Lennors-MacBook-Pro smartT % expo push:android:show
Accessing credentials for thconer in project smartT
FCM Api Key: AAAAR......

I would appreciate all help I can get on this issue.

1 Like

Same problem here. The other day I did a test and it worked. Now it is not. It seems that it’s a problem at expo’s side.

It solved itself. Now I can send notifications again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.