Unable to resolve "@unimodules/core" from ExpoLocalization.js"

Hi,

I am getting Unable to resolve “@unimodules/core” from “node_modules\expo-localization\build\ExpoLocalization.js” when I want to run my app on the phone.

Does anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this or why is this happening?

Thank you!

I have the same problem after update expo-cli and npm packages. I have to downgrade back to old version and delete all node_modules.

can you give more information about your project or share a reproducible example?

My package.json:
“dependencies”: {
@babel/plugin-proposal-decorators”: “",
@expo/vector-icons”: "
”,
@unimodules/core”: “^1.0.0”,
“expo”: “^32.0.0”,
“expo-localization”: “",
“i18n-js”: "
”,
“mobx”: “",
“mobx-react”: "
”,
“moment”: “^2.23.0”,
“react”: “16.5.0”,
“react-native”: “https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz”,
“react-native-modal-datetime-picker”: “^6.0.0”,
“react-native-paper”: “^2.13.0”,
“react-navigation”: “^3.3.0”,
“victory-native”: “^31.0.0”
},
“devDependencies”: {
“babel-preset-expo”: “^5.0.0”,
“jest-expo”: “^32.0.0”,
“schedule”: “^0.4.0”
},

It doesn work if I run yarn upgrade and update expo-cli to 2.11.9.

I have downgraded to 2.11.7, deleted the node modules and I still get the same error.
My package.json:

“dependencies”: {
@expo/vector-icons”: “^9.0.0”,
“expo”: “^32.0.0”,
“expo-localization”: “latest”,
“i18n-js”: “^3.2.1”,
“react”: “16.5.0”,
“react-native”: “https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz”,
“react-native-elements”: “^1.1.0”,
“react-native-sideswipe”: “^1.4.2”,
“react-navigation”: “^3.3.0”,
“react-redux”: “^6.0.0”,
“redux”: “^4.0.1”,
“redux-thunk”: “^2.3.0”
},

Unable to resolve “@unimodules/core” from “node_modules\expo-localization\build\ExpoLocalization.js”

INFO

12:33

Building JavaScript bundle: 99%

I removed expo-localization from package.json and used instead import {Localization} from ‘expo’ and now it works.
Thanks for your replies!

3 Likes

The problem with unresolved localization has been solved, but another one has immediately occurred.

"
Unable to resolve “schedule/tracking” from “node_modules/react-native/Libraries/Renderer/oss/ReactNativeRenderer-dev.js”
"

What is different and what causes these errors? If I did the downgrade, then it is OK, but i need to have project dependencies updated.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.