Unable to open iOS simulator

When I go to open my app in the iOS simulator I am receiving this error:
Error installing or running app. Error: Command failed: osascript -e tell app “System Events” to count processes whose name is “Simulator”
28:69: execution error: System Events got an error: Application isn’t running. (-600)

I am running Xcode 8.2 and Mac OSX 10.11.6. It worked initially, but the next time I launched Expo it was unable to open the simulator. Has anyone else run into this issue?

2 Likes

It sounds like this is an error with macOS and you should try restarting your computer: macos - Applescript fails with error (-600) when launched over ssh on Mavericks - Stack Overflow

5 Likes

I think I tried everything but restarting my computer, but that did the trick. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks.Restarting Mac fix this issue.

I had this issue as well, restarting Mac works!

Great job! :slight_smile:
Solved me as well.

Opening Automator and running a script that started the screensaver fixed this problem for me.

Unfortunately this is still an issue for me. I’m running Mojave 10.14.1, have updated all my apps, and can run an iPhone XS simulator. I start my server using the --no-dev and --minify flags. Hitting “i” gives me this message

Error installing or running app. Error: Command failed: osascript -e tell app "System Events" to count processes whose name is "Simulator"
28:69: execution error: Not authorized to send Apple events to System Events. (-1743)

And I ran the sudo command that gives me the option to agree to Apple’s terms.

Figure out how to fix this: macOS Mojave, Automator “Not authorized to send Apple events to System Events.” - Stack Overflow

Go to

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Automation:

and make sure that Finder is listed and checked under Terminal.

4 Likes