Unable to generate an IPA - Tried multiple fixes

Hey guys,

Build ID: fec0d29b-ec85-4d9a-84a0-006240b89999

I am very new to expo and have tried to compile my react-native project into IOS and Android. Android works fine but iOS seems to be returning errors.

• I tried allowing expo to deal with it all and receive an error
  • I have checked my provisioning profile and bundleIdentifier and there isn’t any typo’s.
  • Reviewing the logs and I see no errors about invalid certificates
  • There do not seem to be any issues on your end lately, reported by any other users.

If I ask Expo to deal with all the certs I get the response:

"resultCode":1200,"resultString":"You are not allowed to perform this operation.  Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support. https://developer.apple.com/support","userString":"You are not allowed to perform this operation.  Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support. https://developer.apple.com/support"

I know for certain I can create certificates, is this potentially that I need to provide Expo with the permissions to do so?

I then moved to try and create my own. So I went and got my dist cert, added it to my keychain and exported a P12. I did the same for the push notifications certificate. Created a provisioning profile and passed that in. This allowed me to progress through sending everything to your servers where I then encountered:

Unable to generate IPA.
unable to build and sign IPA

I am very lost on why this would be happening and was wondering if you guys would be able to help me.
Cheers, Jack.

Hi! It looks like the provisioning profile you’re submitting is causing issues because it’s uses an ad-hoc certificate, but at the moment I believe we only support app store distribution and enterprise distribution certificates.

Edit: 11:21 the next day

Figured it all out. It was the certificate! Thanks for the lead, much appreciated with the help. :slight_smile:

Cheers, Jack

Edit: 12:04

I believe I have found out my issue and working to talk to a colleague tomorrow about use a different certificate that I don’t currently have the key for.

From what I can tell there is an option in the list for “In-house and Ad-Hoc” which is the distribution certificate I need and have reached the team limit for. Which would explain why Expo is saying on the automated method that I don’t have permission to generate certificates.

Edit: 11:07
I have tried to use a different type of certificate and here are the results.

• ‘IOS App Development’ - Shows it is generating using ad-hoc - fails on generating IPA
  • ‘In-House and Ad-hoc’ - shows it is generating enterprise - fails on generating IPA

Is there a way we could arrange a call on the slack channel? To run through regenerating the expected credentials. I feel like I am selecting the wrong one due to all the differences in terminology.

Thanks for the response @dikaiosune. ooooh ok, my bad. I will switch that out and hope for the best! :crossed_fingers:

I should have a response with the results in shortly, just heading into the office now. :slight_smile:

Cheers, Jack.