Unable to build iOS IPA file

I am unable to complete an iOS build similar to the issue here which does not look like it has been solved:

I have tried downgrading expo-cli to different versions but none have worked, I have tried Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt in Administrator mode and ‘normal’ mode. I manually delete certificates and profiles every time I attempt the build. I have tried uploading my own certificate as well as trying to get Expo to generate one for me, neither work.

I was able to build an Android binary.

Here is my console:

Checking if there is a build in progress…

Please enter your Apple Developer Program account credentials. These credentials are needed to manage certificates, keys and provisioning profiles in your Apple Developer account.
The password is only used to authenticate with Apple and never stored.
? Apple ID: xxxxxx
? Password (for xxxxxx): [hidden]
Trying to authenticate with Apple Developer Portal…
Authentication with Apple Developer Portal failed!
e[31mbash exited with non-zero code: 127e[39m
e[31me[90mError: bash exited with non-zero code: 127e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at ChildProcess.completionListener (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules@expo\spawn-async\src\spawnAsync.ts:65:13)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:273:13)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:182:13)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:442:20)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at ChildProcess.cp.emit (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:34:29)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:962:16)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:251:5)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m …e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at spawnAsync (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules@expo\spawn-async\src\spawnAsync.ts:26:19)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at _callee$ (C:\expo-cli@2.21.2\src\commands\build\ios\appleApi\fastlane.js:16:28)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at tryCatch (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:62:40)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:296:22)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:114:21)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at step (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\helpers\asyncToGenerator.js:17:30)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\helpers\asyncToGenerator.js:35:14e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at new Promise ()e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at new F (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\core-js\library\modules_export.js:36:28)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\helpers\asyncToGenerator.js:14:12e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at runAction (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\build\commands\build\ios\appleApi\fastlane.js:89:17)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at Object._callee$ (C:\expo-cli@2.21.2\src\commands\build\ios\appleApi\authenticate.js:15:46)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at tryCatch (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:62:40)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:296:22)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:114:21)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at step (C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\helpers\asyncToGenerator.js:17:30)e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at C:\Users\Wencheng Ma\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\helpers\asyncToGenerator.js:28:13e[31me[39m
e[31me[90m at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)e[31me[39m

Hey @rshellborn- Could you share the build ID? Much easier to look through the logs through there. Also, let me know what version of expo-cli you’re running!

I’d also log into the apple developer console just to check that there aren’t any new agreements for you to check, and that way you can see all your certs/profiles/etc. laid out

I do not have a build ID since I never get to the point where it starts building the binary. I am attempting with this command:
expo build:ios --release-channel=v1.5-prod-20190705

expo-cli version is 2.21.2

I have logged in to check the two locations where a potential privacy policy update needed to be accepted. Nothing was there.

Hmm…and this is on the same expo account you have used previously to build the app (or is this the first iOS build?)?

I would also make sure you’ve followed the directions listed here

Sorry this build is being created under paymentsource account. I have 2 applications I build standalones for. One is on this account and one is on the paymentsource one. Only the one on the paymentsource account is not working, however I recently upgraded to SDK 33 I’m not sure if that matters?

I have previously built standalones for this app on the paymentsource account successfully. This is the only time I have had issues.

I have followed those instructions already.

Do you use the same Apple developer account for both?

1 Like

Yes I do

Hi
The simplest way to “fix” it is to generate credentials on linux (it might be just vm or docker). I have seen this error only when WSL was not enabled and in those cases only when setting up credentials, if credentials are defined, it won’t call fastlane and won’t crash there.

As for real reason,

• Are you sure WSL is enabled?
  • Can you check if there is @expo/traveling-fastlane-linux in global node_modules?
  • You might try to remove fastlane directory (on linux and mac it’s .fastlane in home dir, but on wndows it may somwhere else)

Building it on a Mac did work, strange.

I do have WSL enabled and I do have that package in my node_modules.

hey Guys I am having the same problem, my machine is fedora, can you please help me

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.