'The recipient "ExponentPushToken[xxx]" is associated with a different experience than "@user/app"

Hello,

My Expo Push Notifications work fine on Android and iOS when running on the expo app, but I am receiving the “different experience” error when I run in the actual app.

I worked on the notifications on an expo account different from the one through which the app was published (e.g, mine is under @annalanzino/appname and the actual app was published under @differentuser/appname). I logged into differentuser’s account on my phone and expo CLI, but this didn’t fix anything.

Here is the full error:

[ { status: 'ok', id: 'f968ed2d-7d66-4537-b6cb-45d8922a8a8f' },
  { id: 'e47125d3-b1bd-433d-be5f-d412983b6db6',
    message: 'The recipient device is not registered with FCM.',
    details: { error: 'DeviceNotRegistered', fault: 'developer' } },
  { status: 'error',
    message: 'The recipient "ExponentPushToken[hdk2S1Fse8iQZaSBmq47lV]" is associated with a different experience than "@annalanzino/siteform-ts"' },
    message: 'The recipient "ExponentPushToken[6s6qm0NKBzROZkOlS8lVPd]" is associated with a different experience than "@annalanzino/siteform-ts"' },
    message: 'The recipient "ExponentPushToken[TD3kQ0NYX41qePMg2V8Ef9]" is associated with a different experience than "@annalanzino/siteform-ts"' },
    message: 'The recipient "ExponentPushToken[8Kaxv2Lf9MzdJ0H35MAYWD]" is associated with a different experience than "@annalanzino/siteform-ts"' },
    message: 'The recipient "ExponentPushToken[4PkL6OHONX_wFQ8wsWBcJ_]" is associated with a different experience than "@annalanzino/siteform-ts"' },
    message: 'The recipient "ExponentPushToken[TkvFiSBBXx-LlA3Bonkesb]" is associated with a different experience than "@annalanzino/siteform-ts"' } ]

Having the same issue, bump

@annalanzino- you’ll probably need to get the Expo push token again once you build the standalone app.

Additionally, if you’ve changed your app’s slug, then from Expo’s point of view it is a completely new and separate app. You’ll need to call getExpoPushTokenAsync again on all of your clients and collect new push tokens

Side note in case this is relevant- you’ll need to send notifications for different projects in different requests.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.