'The Expo SDK requires Expo to run. It appears the native Expo modules are unavailable and this code is not running on Expo' - Bare Workflow

1. SDK Version: 34
  2. Platforms: Android/iOS

After ejecting to bare workflow, I am getting the following runtime error:

‘The Expo SDK requires Expo to run. It appears the native Expo modules are unavailable and this code is not running on Expo’

I have removed all the following import statements from my project:

import .. from 'expo' (including Apploading, Updates and Notifications)

import .. from '@expo/vector-icons'

import .. from '@expo/videoplayer'

I have run the expo install command for all expo modules compatible in bare workflow (according to https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/bare/unimodules-full-list/)

I even tried removing all the expo module import statements like import .. from 'expo-constants' and have run npm install in the project directory.

However, none of the above have resolved the error message. Please advise what could be the cause.

I saw a comment here stating that '"components that are currently tied to the managed workflow... you’ll need to remove"'. Is there any documentation on which components tied to the managed workflow need to be removed? Can someone please provide examples of such components?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.