Terrible Documentation

Hi,
Is there a way we can improve on this documentation, for example:
Are the values provided constants? if not, are there specific values to use for specific EXPO SDK? if yes, is there a way to get or generate these values? Also, are build properties now mandatory? cos I believe managed workflow does not need these expo-build-properties and I am surprised my EAS build is now failing with error: “compileSdkVersion is not specified. Please add it to build.gradle”. This is very strange for a managed workflow, please can you shed more light on this.
Thanks

Hi @babaphemy

Do you have an android directory in your project? If so, you are on the Bare workflow. This might have happened if you ran npx expo prebuild or npx run:android.

If this is the case, you can switch back to the managed workflow by deleting the android and ios directories.

No. They are examples. e.g. If you know you want to target a later Android SDK version then you can specify the required version.

No. There are default values for a given Expo SDK version, though. But you shouldn’t need to worry about it unless you have some dependency that requires a particular version of iOS or something like that.

No.

Correct.

I suspect you have unintentionally switched to the bare workflow.

Thanks Wodin, I have resolved it. The error is from EAS, there is a deprecated library in my package.json. I removed this and the build is now fine.
Thanks for your time.

1 Like

I’m glad you got it sorted out.

I’d be interested to know which library it was.

it was expo-google-sign-in. I replaced it with expo-auth-session

1 Like