Task 'lint' not found in root project 'My Project'. Some candidates are: 'init' React Native Expo SDK 45 Bare Workflow

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 45
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

Replace this section with as much relevant information as possible and any relevant code along with your question.

› Building app…
Configuration on demand is an incubating feature.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Task ‘lint’ not found in root project ‘my project’. Some candidates are: ‘init’.

• Try:

Run gradlew tasks to get a list of available tasks.
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
Run with --scan to get full insights.

BUILD FAILED in 2s
E:\Application\daastradingapp\android\gradlew.bat exited with non-zero code: 1
Error: E:\Application\daastradingapp\android\gradlew.bat exited with non-zero code: 1
at ChildProcess.completionListener (C:\Users\Dennis_Liu\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules@expo\spawn-async\src\spawnAsync.ts:65:13)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:520:26)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:400:28)
at ChildProcess.cp.emit (C:\Users\Dennis_Liu\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:34:29)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1055:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:288:5)

at spawnAsync (C:\Users\Dennis_Liu\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules@expo\spawn-async\src\spawnAsync.ts:26:19)
at spawnGradleAsync (C:\Users\Dennis_Liu\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\src\commands\run\android\spawnGradleAsync.ts:83:18)
at assembleAsync (C:\Users\Dennis_Liu\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\src\commands\run\android\spawnGradleAsync.ts:57:16)
at actionAsync (C:\Users\Dennis_Liu\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\src\commands\run\android\runAndroid.ts:143:9)

I cannot find the problem from the error :

What went wrong: Task ‘lint’ not found in root project ‘My Project’. Some candidates are: ‘init’

Recently I have expo sdk 44 bare workflow. Then I upgrade it to sdk 45 following this blog

https://blog.expo.dev/expo-sdk-45-f4e332954a68

After upgrading, Then I try to upgrade my Gradle Plugin AGP and Gradle Version.

This is my gradle version :

distributionUrl=https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-7.3.3-bin.zip

And this is my AGP Version :

classpath(“com.android.tools.build:gradle:7.2.0”)

According to the documentation here :

For Plugin AGP for the latest version : 7.2 We should use Gradle Version 7.3.3+

I also remove jcenter() from project/android => build.gradle because cause error.

But it is not clear what cause the problem from my side. I cannot run expo run:android or npm run android. It always say :

What went wrong:
Task ‘lint’ not found in root project ‘my project’. Some candidates are: ‘init’.

I also cannot use gradlew clean. But I found some thread post from stackoveflow to add :

apply plugin:‘base’

inside the path : android => build.gradle.

And it is working. Now I can use gradlew clean.

But after clean the gradle. The main error I mention and show at above still occured.

What is the solution to my error ? How I can run my expo run:android or npm run android. I use expo bare workflow from the start.

Any help will be appreciated. I have struggle for investigation for almost 3 days before I post and ask in here.

Thank You

I just reinstall the expo modules. from this https://docs.expo.dev/bare/installing-expo-modules/

npx install-expo-modules@latest

And it removed the error.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.