Switched to a LAN URL because the tunnel appears to be down. Only devices in the same network can access the app. You can restart the project to try reconnecting

Hi,
I am new to Expo & its working. And I don’t understand much about networking.
I created the project and after loading, it give error:

Switched to a LAN URL because the tunnel appears to be down. Only devices in the same network can access the app. You can restart the project to try reconnecting.

I don’t understand where is the problem here…
Pls someone help me…

2 Likes

hey, this usually happens when you have an inconsistent internet connection. you can try restarting your wifi/computer & restarting xde. if that doesn’t work, you can try using a different network to connect to the internet. a last resort is connecting your device to the LAN and running from there

Same issue in here. Other projects works and I tried different networks but nothing works.

Same issue being that that tunnel isn’t connecting? I actually prefer the LAN myself (faster), just make sure that your phone and computer are both connected to the same wifi.

Same issue here… I hate everytime I just want to turn Expo XDE on and start developing and it comes with:

Switched to a LAN URL because the tunnel appears to be down…

Same issue - solid internet connection though… randomly will work (tunnel will stay open)

Did anyone figured out this one?

Seriously though did anyone fix this i cannot run my app

it seems, I always have it switch to LAN EVERY TIME. I found that this combo seems to work, though don’t know why and not always:

Set Host:

1. Local Host
    Then,
  2. LAN
    Then,
  3. Tunnel

back to back, one after. Seems to works when on Wifi. Doesn’t help if I’m Tethered.

To be clear, for what ever reason, I fail to connect just about every single time I open Expo, I do the 1,2,3 steps and it then connects to tunnel 95% of the time. I’d LOVE if they had some ‘status’ somewhere to know if tunnel is really down or not.

Hope this helps others

1 Like

Uninstalling and installing solved the issue for me.

1 Like

uninstalling and installing what ?? Expo XDE???

I solved the problem opening the Expo XDE with admin rights.
Hope it works for you as well!

uninstalling and installing expo worked :frowning:

i did this after reconnecting to wifi and restarting laptop didn’t work

Solution for me was really easy. Visual Studio. After closing it and restarting (Restart button from Expo XDE) Tunnel was well connected

Hey, I prefer LAN and I would like to turn off/disable Tunnel. Is it possible?? Anyone??

Hey, I prefer LAN and I would like to turn off/disable Tunnel. Is it possible??

I had the same issues when I first connected my pc on a new wifi network. After restarting my pc again and again I just switch the network from public to private and it worked fine !

try : expo start --tunnel