Support for react-native-webview

I need to upgrade to react-native-webview - react-native-webview/Guide.md at master · react-native-webview/react-native-webview · GitHub
I have found this similar question on the forum but is inconclusive - React-native-webview support? - #3 by sidechef
I can only find docs on https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/react-native/webview/#__next
I have upgraded to SDK 33.0.0
I can’t work out from this post if react-native-webview is now available react-native-webview support | Voters | Expo
I have tried to use it and it renders html in a view, but I can’t get any javascript to run. Is it fully supported and is there any additional documentation please?

UPDATE
It seems the javascript does run using react-native-webview but postMessage does not work. With the below code the background colour changes but the onMessage is not received.

<WebView
                originWhitelist={['*']}
                source={localHtmlFile}
                javaScriptEnabled={true}
                injectedJavaScript={`

setTimeout(() => {
                    document.body.style.backgroundColor = 'blue';
                    window.ReactNativeWebView.postMessage("Hello!")
                }, 3000);

true;

`}
                onMessage={({ nativeEvent: state }) => {
                    console.warn(state.data)
                }}
                style={{width:200,height:200,backgroundColor:'blue',marginTop:20}}
            />

FURTHER UPDATE
It does work on an actual device! but not on the IOS simulator. I hope this saves other people a bit of time!

1 Like

Thanks for updating the community!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.