I’m about to publish a new version of my detached expo app. This version includes a new lib (with native code), I have to update android and iOS binaries in order to make it work.
Is there a specific use case or strategy concerning this update?
The obvious options I see: First option:
Publish the new binary on the stores
Wait for their validation (both iOS and Android)
exp publish when live on stores.
publish using a new channel (let’s say v2)
wait for validation
ready to go on channel v2
I guess the second option is better and safer, this way I’m sure they do not have the app break if they do not update.
I’ve tried to change “default” by : public static final String RELEASE_CHANNEL = "prod-v1.1";
in the app/java/host.exp.exponent/generated/AppConstants.java
and it seems to do the job just great.
I’ve published my binary update (including the above modification of AppConstants.java) on the beta channel on the Android Play Store.
then I published on the prod-v1.1 expo channel: exp publish --release-channel prod-v1.1
And it seems to work like a charm, update I’ve made are updated on the beta channel only and the production version of my app keep working as before.