StoreReview.requestReview works in Development but not standalone

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 44
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

I’m calling StoreReview.requestReview() and it appears to be working in the simulator and inside Expo Go on the device. But when I build and push to the App Store and load the app with TestFlight, the same Review button does nothing. I can confirm that requestReview() is being called, but nothing happens as a result. I was hopeful that simply setting the ios.appStoreUrl and android.playStoreUrl settings in my app.json would fix it, but it hasn’t.

Though, to be fair, this is what I see in iOS. I haven’t actually tried Android at the moment.

But I don’t know what else I would need to configure. The url I get from StoreReview.storeUrl() does link me to the App/Play store pages for the app, so I’m at a loss as to what would need to be different there.

Well, I finally found the answer by trying to find another module that would do this. Apparently, the SKStoreReview native module will not display the modal when the app is installed view TestFlight. ios - SKStoreReviewController.requestReview() popup is not showing in TestFlight build - Stack Overflow

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.