Still having an issue with iOS builds around missing string keys

After uploading a build to iTunesConnect for internal testing in Testflight, I see this message on app load. It doesn’t reject the binary upload, but does land here when I load the app. I’m assuming this has to do with the previous issue related to this string key.

Any ideas?

I have same issue as well.

I think Expo team resolved the issue that Apple rejects app, but still having the issue when an app is executed.

Hi! This looks like a new, different issue.

• What SDK version is your app?
  • Does your .ipa or .app’s Info.plist contain some value for NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription ?

I’ve identified some code which might be causing this. I suspect everyone in this thread is on SDK 25 or older, let me know whether that’s true.

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your support! I am using SDK 25.

Hi there, I’ve confirmed that this was specifically affecting iOS apps using SDK 25 or older which were built in the last 1 day. We deployed a change to our iOS app builder about 1 hour ago which should resolve the issue. Can you try re-running exp build:ios and see if the resulting binary resolves the issue for you?

@ben

Thank you so much for your help!!! It works really well!! :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:
Can’t express how I am happy about it with these imoticons.

Yes, that is the case. SDK 24.

Same issue updating the app in testflight from SDK 25 to SDK 27. Attepting a new build…

EDIT: This issue is fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.