Starting from Xcode 14, resource bundles are signed by default, which requires setting the development team for each resource bundle target.

All of a sudden I’m getting the following error:

iOS build failed:

Starting from Xcode 14, resource bundles are signed by default, which requires setting the development team for each resource bundle target.

To resolve this issue, downgrade to an older Xcode version using the “image” field in eas.json, or turn off signing resource bundles in your Podfile: https://expo.fyi/r/disable-bundle-resource-signing

Learn more: Build server infrastructure - Expo Documentation

Not sure the best way to resolve this. If I change the eas.json where do I put it? I think the image I want to use should be macos-monterey-12.4-xcode-13.4

Here is my current eas.json:

{
  "cli": {
    "version": ">= 0.53.1",
    "promptToConfigurePushNotifications": false
  },
  "build": {
    "development": {
      "distribution": "internal",
      "android": {
        "gradleCommand": ":app:assembleDebug"
      },
      "ios": {
        "buildConfiguration": "Debug"
      }
    },
    "preview": {
      "distribution": "internal"
    },
    "production": {}
  },
  "submit": {
    "production": {}
  }
}

if you have a bare app, follow the instructions to change your podfile. if you have a managed app, you should be using sdk 47 and then this will be handled for you. i assume you have a bare app though

To answer the “image” question, you put it inside the platform-specific part of a build profile.

e.g.:

{
  "build": {
    "development": {
      "developmentClient": true,
      "distribution": "internal",
      "ios": {
        "image": "macos-monterey-12.4-xcode-13.4"
      }
    }
}

EDIT:

Check the eas.json schema: eas.json - Expo Documentation
See also the Examples section on that page

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.