Stand alone build failed! - where to find the details of this error?

May I know how to pin point where went wrong?

After I successfully run expo build:ios, i was trying to build an android apk with expo build:android. However I got this error messages: ’
Checking if this build already exists…

Build started, it may take a few minutes to complete.
You can check the queue length at Service Status — Standalone Builds — Expo

You can monitor the build at

Build Details — 544fccf5-a71d-4a04-bf62-e8b2593eaef7 — iRecycle — Expo

Waiting for build to complete.
You can press Ctrl+C to exit. It won’t cancel the build, you’ll be able to monitor it at the printed URL.
× Build failed.
Standalone build failed!

expo diagnostics log’s -
Expo CLI 4.9.1 environment info:
System:
Binaries:
Node: 14.17.0 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE
Yarn: 1.22.10 - C:\Users\mrx88\AppData\Roaming\npm\yarn.CMD
npm: 7.18.1 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
npmPackages:
expo: ^42.0.0 => 42.0.1
react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-dom: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-42.0.0.tar.gz => 0.63.2
react-native-web: ~0.13.12 => 0.13.18
react-navigation: ^4.4.4 => 4.4.4
Expo Workflow: managed

I figured out where is the cause of the error.

In app.json,

1. my previous successful expo build:android was using ‘com.mycompany.myproject’

2. the new failed expo build:android is currently using ‘hk.com.mycompany.i.myproject’

so in app.json, if I revert the expo.android.package value back to 1) ‘com.mycompany.myproject’, the expo build:android will be successful again.

We further tested, as long as we switched the expo.android.package value different to the value than the first time I build this expo project the build will fail,

so I don’t think the bug is related to the format of the new expo.android.package value.

Does expo build forbid changing android package names?

Thanks!

if you are using any google services, there will be a file ./google-services.json

We discovered the bug is within the file ./google-services.json

if you change the app.json’s expo.android.package name from android you should also change the target client in ./google-services.json

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.