Socket.io does not work on Andriod emulator/Expo Go but works only on expo web

Thanks for the great feedback all along.

I tried removing the white space & editing the backend package.json but it still didn’t work.

I am guessing the problem might be my system blocking ngrok.

Also, concerning the socket.io example, I can’t actually clone it because it’s a folder inside a Respository and not a Respository itself.

I believe if the folder is made a separate Respository I would be able to clone it.

Thanks alot for the feedback so far

Also, how did you find this part. My expo web works perfectly fine when I use localhost

If your system is blocking ngrok, then I guess you’ll have to check that. I’m not an expert on ngrok but what I can suggest you is to re-check of the firewall is blocking that request?

You can copy-paste each file too into your project. Alternatively, there are instructions to quickly clone the template and run it locally on your computer: GitHub - expo/examples: Example projects that demonstrate how to use Expo APIs and integrate Expo with other popular tools

When running npx expo start and press w, which is the shortcut to open the web app in a browser, I got this warning in the Expo CLI’s terminal UI. The only way to resolve this warning is to install the dependency.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.