Set Android "roundIcon" and expo.io Project Icon

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 40
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

I’ve noticed when I expo publish on expo.io for my app the icon is just a rounded square with a dashed outline. Expo is the project in question.

The same icon is used in the round icon above my app in Android when switching through apps.

I think I’ve set all the appropriate icon info in app.json (see below) and in the Android launcher the correct icon is used when I build an APK and install it.

{
  "expo": {
    "icon": "./assets/icon.png",
    "notification": {
      "color": "#ffffff"
    },
    "ios": {
      "icon": "./assets/icon.png"
    },
    "android": {
      "adaptiveIcon": {
        "foregroundImage": "./assets/adaptive-icon.png",
        "backgroundColor": "#ffffff"
      }
    }
  }
}

But I’ve probably missed something somewhere and could do with a pointer to what that could be, thanks.

Hey @tobias_gray, if you haven’t already you’ll need to build a new binary after making the icon changes in app.json. Publishing won’t cause them to take affect as it is configured at buildtime rather than runtime. If you’ve built a new binary and it is still happening, we can further investigate the issue.

Cheers,
Adam

Hey @adamjnav thanks for the reply. I figured out what the issue was in the end and it was my own daft fault.

The apk was built with the right config so a new binary wouldn’t have solved it (that was all correct).

However I had set a callback URL for my auth to 'exp://192.168.0.10:19000/--/' so after logging in, what I think was happening is I was coming back to the expo go version rather than the apk.

A change to the callback uri logic and publish seems to have solved it.

const releaseChannel = Constants.manifest.releaseChannel
const redirect = releaseChannel ? `exp://exp.host/@tobias_gray/Microvist?release-channel=${releaseChannel}` : 'exp://192.168.0.10:19000/--/'

At least I think that was the cause. I haven’t done another build but have done a new publish so the apk is presumably ok.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.