Sentry events being sent only from App.js file

I have hooked Sentry on to my react native app per the instructions in https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/guides/using-sentry.html

My problem is that only errors that are caused by the App.js file (the entry point of the application) are reported. I am obviously using a lot of components and none of the errors caused in the respective files are being sent to Sentry. How do I get around this? Thanks in advance.

Hi @spsiddarthan thanks for letting us know. It looks like Sentry might have updated their library so we’re looking into updating sentry-expo.

hi there! I just released sentry-expo 1.7.0 which bumps the version of react-native-sentry that it uses. I tested this and it worked as expected:

2 Likes

Hey @notbrent, Thanks for the prompt action on this, but I updated my sentro-expo version to the latest, the problem seems to exist. :frowning: This is what I exactly did, I used an undeclared variable in one of my component files, the error doesn’t get reported. When I do the same on the app.js file, the error gets reported.

Am I missing any obvious caveats? Thank you!

hey @spsiddarthan- you should go to sentry support and ask them. unfortunately at this point all I can tell you is that the expo integration is working as expected.

I’m having exactly the same problem as you @spsiddarthan. Did you discover a solution?

I think I found the solution. Basically, make sure:

1. You are using the Expo fork of react-native.
  2. That your version of sentry-expo is the one designed for your version of Expo.

E.g. if you are using Expo SDK 24, you should be using sentry-expo 1.7.0. If you are using Expo 23, you should be using sentry-expo 1.6.0… etc. See the release notes of your Expo SDK to determine which package to use.

2 Likes