Semantic Issue error

Hi, guys, I’m getting this error in an ejected expo project does anyone have any ideas of what could it be?

The error says use of undeclared identifier in this line

ios/Pods/ExpoKit/ios/Exponent/Kernel/Services/Notifications/EXRemoteNotificationManager.m:210:55: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘UNAuthorizationStatusProvisional’

code fragment:

- (void)_canRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithCompletionHandler:(void (^)(BOOL can))handler
{
  dispatch_assert_queue(_queue);

// When the user has not granted permission to display any type of notification, iOS doesn't
  // invoke the delegate methods and registering for remote notifications will never complete
  [_userNotificationCenter getNotificationSettingsWithCompletionHandler:^(UNNotificationSettings * _Nonnull settings) {
    bool canRegister = settings.authorizationStatus == UNAuthorizationStatusAuthorized;
    if (@available(iOS 12, *)) {
      canRegister |= (settings.authorizationStatus == UNAuthorizationStatusProvisional);
    }
    handler(canRegister);
  }];
}

this is the project package.json

package.json 
{
  "main": "node_modules/expo/AppEntry.js",
  "scripts": {
    "start": "expo start",
    "android": "expo start --android",
    "ios": "expo start --ios",
    "eject": "expo eject"
  },
  "dependencies": {
    "expo": "^32.0.0",
    "expo-graphics": "^1.0.3",
    "expo-three": "^3.0.0-alpha.8",
    "expokit": "^32.0.7",
    "react": "16.5.0",
    "react-native": "https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz",
    "three": "^0.101.1"
  },
  "devDependencies": {
    "babel-preset-expo": "^5.0.0"
  },
  "private": true
}

I followed the steps from the guide
https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/expokit/eject/

Thanks

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue.

It could possibly be the xCode version.
What version of xCode are you using?

I am using xCode 9.4.1

1 Like

pliz use Xcode 10.x,

I am having the same issue.

I have a working build on a machine with xcode version 10.3.
But when attempting to build on another machine with xcode 9.2, this errors occurs.

I think it has something to do with the ios version compatibility with xcode versions.

If you look at your Podfile, it probably is set to ios version 10.0.
While I have not tested this, it may be possible to fix this error by downgrading the target platform ios version. It’s worthy the try at least.

Other than that I would just upgrade xcode to 10.x if you machine can do that.