Segment's trackAppLifecycleEvents option can't be set?

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 33
  2. Platforms(ios/android/both): both

I’ve been working with segment for a while and I’ve been trying to figure out how to turn the trackAppLifecycleEvents to be able to automatically track a few key common events with their Native Mobile Spec like Application Installed , Application Updated and Application Opened .

Is there a way to set it with the initialize function?

I have found this trackAppLifecycleEvents in Managed flow? but it’s closed even though there’s no solution on it.

along with that I was looking at the github issues and Segment “Application Installed” event not firing
where someone closed it saying it doesn’t apply anymore to the new releases. But the issue is still there and I don’t want to detach just because of this. In the same thread someone suggested a work around for that but another issue shows up is that some destinations like “AppsFlayer” need to have special keys passed in the “integrations” dictionary which I can’t seem to be able to initialize because your segment implementation sadly doesn’t support it. Segment Selecting Destinations

1 Like

I’m looking the same feature.
Let’s try to keep this post open in order to get an answer.

Thanks for the post!

If this is not something that currently works in Expo then maybe you could post a feature request here:

I was debating opening an issue on github cause it’s already supposed to be part of their segment integration, but does it count as an issue that this doesn’t work or is it a feature?
I was hoping someone from the expo team would see this…

Hi. The issue was not closed because it’s no longer relevant, but rather because it was old and it was not clear whether or not it was still relevant. Since this is apparently still a problem, it seems that a new issue should be created. Please can you do that and provide as much info as possible, including links to the old issue and this thread.

I’m not sure whether an issue or a feature request would be best in this case. A feature request would allow other people to upvote it so that the Expo team can see how many people need this feature.

Another possibility might be to have a look at the Expo code to see how it integrates Segment and see if you can figure out how to modify it to support this feature. If you can do that, you could perhaps submit a pull request (after checking the contributing documentation) so that this functionality can be included in a future Expo SDK.

Thanks for the info, I’ll see what I can do! Hopefully I can get this resolved soon…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.