SDK47 incompatible with fastlane

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 47
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): ios
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

If you create a brand new expo project and try to build locally it fails at fastlane. If you take the exact same codebase and run expo upgrade 46, it will build

Hi @rexpeditionco

When you run eas build without the --local option, the build server runs fastlane gym as part of the build process. This definitely works for Expo SDK 47 apps.

See Building iOS Projects With Fastlane

Presumably you get some error message when you encounter this problem? If so, what error message do you get?

unknown error with fastlane. This is a brand new unmodified project i dont see how there could be a configuration issue, especially since it works on sdk46 and 48

I agree that if it works with 46 and 48 and fails with 47 it seems like there might be something wrong with 47. But it definitely works on the build servers, so I’m not sure what’s wrong or how to debug it.

If you can get more information about what’s going wrong then maybe you can create an issue on the expo/expo repository on GitHub.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.