[sdk40] PanResponder and animation behavior on browser vs android

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 40.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

I am creating a component that allow me to create drap and drop components from an alphabet. For each element of the alphabet, it create a “draggable” view. It used to work pretty fine until I wrapped those component in a View with the following properties:

<View
        style={{
          flex: 5,
          flexDirection: 'row',
          flexWrap: 'wrap',
          alignContent: 'center',
          justifyContent: 'space-around',
        }}>

As a consequence, I can only drag the components on the X axis on both Android and iOS (tested on a virtual device as well as on a real device), everything works fine on the browser.
Even stranger, the actual position stored in the state is actually correct, only the visual seems to be affected by that.

I’ve created a Snack available here ranting salsa - Snack (I have simplified the code to work with an alphabet of size 3).
The behavior can be seen by commenting line 117 of the components/LetterSlide.tsx file, and opening the result in an Android device.

I don’t know how to solve this issue and I’m not sure if the correct behavior is the browser’ or the devices.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.