SDK 35 and iOS 13 Stability

1. SDK Version: 32.
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android and iOS

Hello Expo Team. First of all I wanted to thank you guys for providing this excellent framework for us, mobile developers.

We (the company I work for) currently have over 100 apps published using expo, and most of them are on SDK 33, but some still on SDK 32. I am planning to update all of them as soon as I can to SDK 35, but I wanted to ask something first:

How stable would you guys say SDK 35 is with the new released iOS 13? I ask that because, once I go through the process of updating all of our 100+ app to SDK 35, it’d be very frustrating to find out that a minor change was released to SDK 35 and now I have to build all the apps and submit to the App Store again in order to get the patch.

Thanks in advance for all the support!

1 Like

Hey @esdrasevt,

Thanks for the kind words. That’s awesome to hear you and the rest of the company’s team have published over 100 Expo apps! There was one crash (“EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)” from the fishook.c file) that some users were experiencing but we’ve already fixed that and backported the fix to SDK33 and 34 as well. No other major issues have come up yet, but SDK35 has only been out for a little over 4 days.

My suggestion would be to give it another week (if possible) before upgrading to allow for another week for potential issues to arise. After that, if no other major issues arise, I’d begin to the upgrade process.

Cheers,
Adam

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.