SDK 30 - Getting Fingerprint deprecation warning even though I'm not even using it

For some reason I’m getting the SDK 30 Fingerprint deprecation warning (called when using the Fingerprint getter on Expo), even though there is no place in my application that is calling it - “Expo.Fingerprint has been renamed to Expo.LocalAuthentication. The old name might be removed in the future releases.”

I’m trying to remotely debug this and this doesn’t help either, the stack trace is useless. It just shows that the getter gets called from “_interopRequireWildcard” on a random import statement in my main App.tsx file. If I comment out that import, it just does it for the next one, so it doesn’t even matter what I’m importing (none of those imported files contain any references to Expo.Fingerprint either).

Pulling my hair out because of this…what do I do?

Running Expo on Android. Here’s “expo diagnostics”:
Environment:
Node: 10.10.0
Yarn: Not Found
npm: 6.4.1
Watchman: Not Found
Xcode: N/A
Android Studio: Version 3.2.0.0 AI-181.5540.7.32.5014246

Packages: (wanted => installed)
expo: ^30.0.1 => 30.0.1
react: 16.3.1 => 16.3.1
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-30.0.0.tar.gz => 0.55.4

Diagnostics report:
-[19:54:44] Request failed with status code 500
[19:54:44] Error: Request failed with status code 500
at createError (C:\Users\fabis\AppData\Roaming\nvm\v10.10.0\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\axios\lib\core\createError.js:16:15)
at settle (C:\Users\fabis\AppData\Roaming\nvm\v10.10.0\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\axios\lib\core\settle.js:18:12)
at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (C:\Users\fabis\AppData\Roaming\nvm\v10.10.0\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\axios\lib\adapters\http.js:191:11)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:187:15)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1092:12)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)

Yes, the diagnostics throw an error lol

Having same issue, warning is shown even when we are not ussing Fingerprint or LocalAuthentication.

Same for me:

Maybe the warning is hard-coded to simply warn all developers no matter whether they’re using it or not.

That would be fine if the warnings wouldn’t take up the bottom of the screen. And I don’t want to disable them altogether as there are important ones that could possibly pop up.

It really is a nuisance. What I’ve done for now is to comment out lines 143 to 145 in node_modules/expo/src/Expo.js which disables the warning (but is a bad practice in itself with the usual implications of modifying an npm module locally).

1 Like

That’s better than lose time every time you want to see your full content and you have to dimiss that annoying warning.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.