Run dev build on iOS

Hello!

I went through all the steps to install the development build on my real iPhone but it won’t open it.

The problem is that the downloaded application cannot be opened on iPhone 13. I try the camera and the QR code, but it does not find it. What can be done here?

Hey @rmltsn

This can be caused by a couple of things.

If your device’s iOS version is 16, please make sure to enable “Developer mode”: iOS Developer Mode - Expo Documentation

Also, please make sure you have registered your Apple Device for internal distribution. This can be done by running eas device:create. To know more: Internal distribution - Expo Documentation

1 Like

I’m trying to run the development-client for a real device (Iphone), I’m doing the build with EAS and it’s successfully installed on my device, I run the command npx expo start --dev-client, but when I scan the QR code, it throws this error:

“No bundle URL present. Make sure you’re running a packager server or have included a .jsbundle file in your application bundle”

But when I try to run the dev-client in the simulator it works fine.
The macbook and cellphone are connected in the same network.

and now I generated the ios folder, compiled the app using xCode and ran it, it triggers a request permission for the app to use local network and then it works, but when I use the eas build to build the app, it’s not triggering this network permission, so it can’t connect to the metro bundler server created then it doesn’t work.

Does anyone has any clues, or it might be a EAS build issue?