Request failed with status code 400 on local environment

Hi guys im getting the following error when expo client try to connect to my local development environment, something wired here:

Error: Request failed with status code 400
    at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
    at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)
    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:237:11)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:333:22)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1220:12)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21)

This issue is related to expo build:ios, SSL verify failed - #17 by muthu.ishere?

Thanks !!!

4 Likes

i don’t think so. can you explain how you got to this error?

I am receiving this error as well. But for expo start, which leads to error in open project in simulator as well as on actual devices

1 Like

Everything was working perfectly until ~11:26 PST, then I started having that error on the console and the expo client doesn’t connect anymore.

BTW, im running the last version of expo-cli (3.11.5)

2 Likes

I am also receiving the same error on expo start. I guess more specifically after expo start when I try to run in iOS simulator or on my device.

1 Like

@notbrent Around the time that people were unable to publish to Expo as mentioned here getting a 400 error: Workspace Deleted | Slack. My error was different and matches the one described in this forum thread. But this error was only occurring on expo publish for me at the time. As of this morning, this error has reappeared for me, but only on expo start instead of expo publish, which I can perform just fine. Not sure if this helps.

I’m having the same issue.

Same here with expo start.

Same error here with expo start…

Also seeing this, surprised expo phones home during this process tbh. Any insight into what it does & why?

edit: makes sense for tunneling, but figured local would be contained. I turned off wifi and it didn’t work.

same error here. Just started happening while working on a project locally with expo start.
Now even when I init a new expo project (on latest expo-cli), can’t even get the blank template to run.

Same error here.

Error: Request failed with status code 400
    at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
    at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)
    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:237:11)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:187:15)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1094:12)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)

npm start was working perfectly before 1hour

Me too! Tried uninstalling/reinstalling previous version of expo etc. But then realised it was doing it on another computer as well.

Same issue, v 3.11.5, also stopped working around 11:30

Same issue here :confused:

This resolved for me:
https://github.com/expo/expo-cli/issues/1436#issuecomment-574101538

The error stopped happening here :smiley:

Same – back up and running.

Yup, is working right now

Fix deployed, sorry for the trouble and thanks for quickly bringing this to our attention!

1 Like