Renewing distribution certificate and mobile provisioning profile went wrong

Hi. Our distribution certificate / mobile provisioning profile got expired and we created new ones.

In order to clean the current ones, I ran (I “published” before):

expo build:ios --no-publish --clear-dist-cert --clear-provisioning-profile --revoke-credentials

However, this leads to the following error:

? Apple ID:
Trying to authenticate with Apple Developer Portal…
Authenticated with Apple Developer Portal successfully!

You have 11 teams associated with your account
? Which team would you like to use? 6) <I select the right team (organization), which gave us “Developer” permission>

And this process fails with the following error:

Reason: Unexpected response, raw: {"responseId":"0cc0be4e-21b5-401c-9119-8a162e3c8e1f","resultCode":1200,"resultString":"Access Unavailable","userString":"You currently don't have access to this membership resource. Contact your team's Account Holder, XXX, or an Admin.","creationTimestamp":"2020-03-04T14:54:07Z","protocolVersion":"QH65B2","userLocale":"en_US","requestUrl":"https://developer.apple.com/services-account/QH65B2/account/ios/certificate/listCertRequests.action","httpCode":200}

Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.
error Command failed with exit code 1.

I assume this might be a glitch on the expo-cli side, since we have “Developer” permission and this was working just fine with the previous certificate?
Can you please help?

Expo CLI 3.13.1 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 5.3 - /bin/zsh
    Binaries:
      Node: 13.9.0 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v13.9.0/bin/node
      Yarn: 1.22.0 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v13.9.0/bin/yarn
      npm: 6.13.7 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v13.9.0/bin/npm
      Watchman: 4.9.0 - /usr/local/bin/watchman
    IDEs:
      Android Studio: 3.5 AI-191.8026.42.35.5900203
      Xcode: 11.0/11A420a - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
    npmPackages:
      @testing-library/react-native: 4.0.7 => 4.0.7
      @types/react: 16.8.19 => 16.8.19
      @types/react-native: 0.57.60 => 0.57.60
      expo: 35.0.0 => 35.0.0
      react: 16.8.3 => 16.8.3
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-35.0.0.tar.gz => 0.59.8
      react-navigation: 4.0.10 => 4.0.10
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 3.13.1

Have you reached out to support from the Apple Developer Program? Since we’re just checking the Apple API, and that’s where we’re receiving this error that is getting forwarded to you, I would make sure you have all the permissions necessary

@charliecruzan, thanks for your input.

Our apple account has a “developer” role which should be enough for this, right? Same role we had around a year ago, when we set up the certificates at first place.

I assume the glitch might be on the expo-cli side, since we didn’t change anything in terms of permissions / roles in the past year. In case I have to reach out to Apple, what exactly should I ask them?

I just found out that the issue is resolved in expo-cli v3.13.6!

The trick is that the Expo team added one additional step (question) when I execute the command above. It is: Do you have access to the Apple account that will be used for submitting this app to the App Store? I submit No.

From there on, the process continues apparently without requesting the Apple resource which was failing with “Access Unavailable” before.

When it asks you for the Apple Team ID you should submit the team ID of your client. Then - I submitted manually the Apple Distribution Certificate (P12 file) and the Apple Provisioning Profile - both provided by our client as well.

Thanks to anyone who helped!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.