Removing all Advertisment SDKs

Hey there! We recently ejected our app to the bare workflow because we are having issues getting our app published to a target audience of 13 years and younger. Google has claimed that our app contains ads SDKs and that violates the Families Policy Requirements:

Issue: Violation of Families Policy Requirements

We have detected that your app includes non-certified ad SDKs or SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services. Any SDKs used in the app must be appropriate for use in child-directed services. Additionally, apps that solely target children must not contain any SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services, including ads SDKs. Apps in the Designed for Families program must only use ad SDKs that have certified their compliance with the Families Ads Program.

These ads SDK are automatically bundled inside Expo builds (why? I have no idea…). We did not include these ourselves. This single reason is preventing us from submitting our app to the Play Store until we can remove those completely due to the target audience.

So, now I have to figure out where these modules are contained in the ejected app and remove them. I am hoping someone can help point me in the direction of where these modules are and how to properly remove them from both iOS and Android builds. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

they are not bundled unless you have added something that google would consider an ads sdk to your app. you can ask them for more info. refer to Play Store issue about Family Ads Program and please don’t repost things in multiple places :slight_smile:

@notbrent apologies :grimacing: didn’t mean to bother. Thank you for your prompt reply and the support of the Expo team. I will continue to dig deeper and report back to that thread if I discover anything new.

Hi,
We are using the bare workflow/unmanaged for our app.
But Google Play has rejected the app saying about ‘Non-Certified Ad SDKS’.
If the bare workflow isn’t working what else should we do?
Can I start a new thread since the thread you mentioned is closed?

Thanks