Redux initial state always undefined only in production

Hello, First of all, this is a bit out of topic. But I’m actually can’t find any solution for days. So if you can help me, it would be very appreciated.

Basically, I used Expo v32.0.0, React v16.5.0, Redux v4.0.1, React Redux v5.1.1, Redux Persist v.5.10.0

I added several features yesterday through expo:build android & expo:build ios (using OTA updates), and I added new reducer that WORKS fine in my development (access through Expo). But there was a problem at the app, which my INITIAL_STATE is always undefined

When I console.log() the state in local development, the objects inside INITIAL_STATE always returns empty array (and this is the right scenario). But when I build the app, the array inside State objects always return undefined
Below is the screenshot when I called an ADD_BIBLE_VERSE_HIGHLIGHT action in reducer

It’s very hard to solve and I have no idea up to know why after 2 days of googling. Can anyone please help? :frowning:

Hey @kevinhobert,

What I’d recommend here is to try implementing your redux logic into a vanilla RN project (using the corresponding RN version to your SDK version) and see if it reproduces said undefined behavior. If it does, it’s likely a problem with RN, the redux library or your implementation. If it works properly, then it’s probably something we’ll have to look into on the Expo side of things.

Cheers,
Adam

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.