Reanimated 2 compatibility with SDK 44

1. SDK Version: Expo 44.0.6
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android / iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.
    Tested versions of react-native-reanimated : 2.2.4, 2.3.1, 2.4.1, 2.5.0

I recently upgraded my expo bare native workflow app from SDK41 to 44 (following all blog guidelines) using expo upgrade.

I’m stuck with this error : App freezes on simulator or real device when remote debugger is active (Expo Modules, Apple Silicon M1) · Issue #14875 · expo/expo · GitHub

The crash on Android (with v2.3.1 compatible version given by expo) is : A/libc: Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0x454c4b524f5777 in tid 30501 (create_react_co), pid 30355 (m.em.butterlink)

I’m using react native navigation v5, which requires reanimated to work.

If I understand well, “you can’t use remote debugging with turbomodules”.

So first question, can I just have my code running in debug mode (updated without needing to rebuild with android studio) without remote debug ?
I tried to enable hermes following Expo guidlines (in app.json) in my android project and to setup Flipper but crash is still there, how can I setup those two in a bare workflow project to solve this issue and be able to code in debug mode again ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.