Question on details of updates/images

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 37
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

I have a bare workflow app with expo-updates and I’m trying to understand how I can ship a large image with the native app and ensure that it’s not shipped again in later updates.

My current understanding is that with updates, as long as we have expo-asset, there’s two choices for how images are shipped: any assets included under assetBundlePatterns are downloaded as part of the update, and any assets required by code that aren’t in assetBundlePatterns is lazily loaded from the CDN on demand.

This says that expo knows not to re-upload to CDN if assets haven’t changed: https://docs.expo.io/guides/assets/#in-production. But does that also mean that if files are in assetBundlePatterns, expo knows not to include those assets in future update downloads if they haven’t changed? Even if the first release to include them was a no-publish native release?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.