Push notifications via FCM on standalone android build not triggering listener

1. SDK Version: 39.0.3
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

Hello! I was reading documentation regarding sending push notifications over FCM because of unsuccessful tryings to achieve expo push notifications working, i tried to make push notifications trough getDevicePushTokenAsync() and everything goes quite well, until i needed to put an event listener. So, i put addNotificationResponseReceivedListener() and it works well on iOS but not on Android. Yeah, documentation says to put experienceId into data object in FCM request and i did, but still no result. Also, there is no such field in any payload listed in firebase documentation and anyways, still no successful result on push notifications in any way that i tried.

Getting really frustrated on idea of working push notifications, i hope i lost something in documentation.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Do you have useNextNotificationsApi set to true in app.json?

@bitzlato Are you able to debug Android logs using adb logcat? If so, see if you are dealing with the same thing we’re seeing here: expo-notifications - No experience found for id - #7 by charliecruzan

1 Like

exactly the same issue according ti adb logcat. We tried to setup new app with managed workflow and everything works great

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.