Push Notifications - Error with minimal working example from site.

Expo SDK ~48.0.11 on Android using Expo App

I am trying to get notifications working but can’t even get the minimal working example working (Push notifications setup - Expo Documentation). I tried to implement into an existing app and couldn’t get that to work so I now just have an app that is just the example provided. Error is the same in either case:

WARN Possible Unhandled Promise Rejection (id: 0):
Error: Encountered an exception while calling native method: Exception occurred while executing exported method requestPermissionsAsync on module ExpoNotificationPermissionsModule: String resource ID #0xffffffff

If I try to log the response, its “denied.” I checked and Notifications are enabled for Expo Go (version 2.28.6). I am using managed workflow (app created using npx create-expo-app) and run using npx expo start.

Thank you.

Hi, same problem. Did you found an answer ? stackoverflow : nothing and ChatGPT not finding solution too…

Nope.

I have the same issue. Started when I upgraded expo SDK from 45 to 48.

I added an Issue here.

Upgrade Expo Go on your 'phone. I did and received a message the using the ProjectID is now mandatory, so you need to set up a project on the expo site and use the ID in the line:

await Notifications.getExpoPushTokenAsync()

Chenge to:

await Notifications.getExpoPushTokenAsync({
        projectId: "xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx",
      })

I’m getting an ExponentPushToken[xxxxxxxxxxxxx] and no errors. I’m just not actually getting the notifications on my 'phone.

The documentation has not been updated to reflect this change yet, so I guess there is some other change not documented preventing me getting the notifications.

Note this is with ms code on Linux. I can’t get the same code working on Snack at all.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.