Push Notification undetermined IOS standalone app

Hey All,

“expo”: “^32.0.0”,
“react-native”: “https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz”,
expo-cli:2.15.4

When i try to fetch the Token it gives me undetermined in both Permissions.askAsync(Permissions.NOTIFICATIONS) and Permissions.getAsync(Permissions.NOTIFICATIONS).

I’m sure the Push Notification is enabled in my Identifier ID.

Everything is good with Android and expo client, but not on IOS test-flight.

After some research, I did switched to Push Notifications Key instead of Push Notifications Certificate.
I used --clear-push-cert then generated .p8 file and uploaded it, But unfortunately without any good news.
Do i have to do something more than generating and uploading .p8 file?
Also, how can go back to use Push Notifications Certificate instead of Push Notifications Key?

Is there any other things i have missed to do?

Hi @karajanaji,

Usually I just suggest letting Expo handle the credentials for you for simplicity/ease, but if you’re handling them yourself then here was a fix posted here for the same problem you seem to be running into.

Let me know if that fixes it :+1:

Thank you Charli for your response,
Im using the same distribution certification form more than one app, which is okay. In this case the Expo could not handle the certifications.

I have checked the post you mentioned before, I did the same steps, I’m sure the push notification is checked, and Production SSL certification is generated, but unfortunately it did not work.

I’s it mandatory to generate SSL in case I want to use the .p8 file ?

@charliecruzan

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.