Publish with release channel updates all publish histories

Hi there! First post in the forums, thank you team expo for building this amazing product.

I’m successfully using a staging and production workflow with release channels. Production is for app store, and staging is for manual testing within our team.

Everything works fine, except when I deploy to staging via “exp publish --release-channel=staging” it updates the publish history shown on “exp publish:history”. This makes it really hard to figure out release history in production and to do emergency rollbacks.

As a side note, when I push to production via “exp publish” the publish history for staging is not updated, which is correct.

Thanks and will love some help with this, please let me know if I’m doing something wrong.

hi @sidbatra, this should be fine. exp publish:history should show all the publishes you made (in all channels). The docs will be updated soon to make this more clear, sorry for the inconvenience!

1 Like

Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification. In the case, can we get longer histories and the channel name as a column? Thanks!

@sidbatra this will be available by default in our next SDK release, but for now, you can add the --release-channel and --count flag to show the columns (ie) exp publish:history --release-channel sdfsdf --count 20

ha, --count is great, thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.