Yarn: 1.22.4 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/bin/yarn
      npm: 6.14.5 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/bin/npm
    IDEs:
      Xcode: 11.5/11E608c - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
    npmPackages:
      expo: ^37.0.0 => 37.0.12
      react: 16.9.0 => 16.9.0
      react-dom: 16.9.0 => 16.9.0
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-37.0.1.tar.gz => 0.61.4
      react-native-web: ^0.11.7 => 0.11.7
      react-navigation: ^4.3.9 => 4.3.9
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 3.21.5

When running expo build:ios I get the error below. Consistently. For several days. I have tried everything I can think of regarding credentials. Currently, I can only guess that something is wrong with expo build because it is not asking me for any credentials, or asking me if I would like expo to handle them for me.

Error:

❯ expo build:ios
? Choose the build type you would like: archive

Checking if there is a build in progress...

Configuring credentials for ax0n in project rec0n-app
? Do you have access to the Apple account that will be used for submitting this app to the 
App Store? Yes
Please enter your Apple Developer Program account credentials. These credentials are
needed to manage certificates, keys and provisioning profiles in your Apple Developer
account.
The password is only used to authenticate with Apple and never stored
Learn more here (​https://bit.ly/2VtGWhU​)
? Apple ID: xxxxxxxxx
? Password (for xxxxxxxxxx): [hidden]
Authenticating to Apple Developer Portal...
Authenticated with Apple Developer Portal successfully!
Only 1 team associated with your account, using Apple Team with ID: AW2QHMV7DW
Fetching available credentials
✖ Something went wrong when trying to ensure App ID exists on Apple Developer Portal!
Failed to prepare all credentials. 
The next time you build, we will automatically use the following configuration:

Project Credential Configuration:
  Experience: @ax0n/rec0n-app, bundle identifier: com.omachronlabs.rec0n
    Provisioning profile is missing. It will be generated during the next build

/Users/ax0n/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/ensure_app_exists exited with non-zero code: 1
Error: /Users/ax0n/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin/dist/ensure_app_exists exited with non-zero code: 1
    at ChildProcess.completionListener (/Users/ax0n/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/spawn-async/src/spawnAsync.ts:65:13)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:422:26)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1026:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:286:5)
    at spawnAsync (/Users/ax0n/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/spawn-async/src/spawnAsync.ts:26:19)
    at runAction (/Users/ax0n/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/appleApi/fastlane.ts:20:28)
    at Object.ensureAppExists (/Users/ax0n/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/appleApi/ensureAppExists.ts:18:31)
    at IOSBuilder.produceCredentials (/Users/ax0n/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.ts:262:19)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
    at IOSBuilder.prepareCredentials (/Users/ax0n/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.ts:140:7)
    at IOSBuilder.run (/Users/ax0n/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.ts:57:7)
    at IOSBuilder.command (/Users/ax0n/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/BaseBuilder.ts:27:7)
    at Command.<anonymous> (/Users/ax0n/.nvm/versions/node/v13.13.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/exp.ts:80:7)

This was resolved by creating all my own credentials, and updating my expo-cli version. I am working on a medium post with more details. I will post here when/if I finish it.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.