Problems with try exp-cli on Genymotion android 8 - I solved it using Expo XDE because I couldn't it using exp-cli

Hi, I have problem when I try to install exp-cli on Genymotion Galaxy S8 emulator with Android 8:

$ exp install:android
[21:40:02] Uninstalling Expo from Android device.
[21:40:02] Exception occurred while executing:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown package: host.exp.exponent
	at com.android.server.pm.Settings.isOrphaned(Settings.java:4400)
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.isOrphaned(PackageManagerService.java:21424)
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.deletePackageVersioned(PackageManagerService.java:18498)
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageInstallerService.uninstall(PackageInstallerService.java:913)
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runUninstall(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:912)
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:134)
	at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:96)
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:21727)
	at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:573)
	at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:473)
	at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:2644)
	at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:3485)
	at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:674)

Can someone help me? Thanks.

Hi @atiladev - which version of exp are you running (exp --version)? And did you say this is working correctly for you when using XDE?

$ exp --version

Expo XDE:
Versión 2.24.4 (2.24.4.53441)

Hi @atiladev - does this happen for you on other Genymotion devices, or when using Android Studio emulators?

You can install the app manually by going to https://exp.host/--/api/v2/versions, downloading the apk listed at “androidUrl” and then running adb install <downloaded-location>.

I use two images in Genymotion, one with Galaxy S6 with Android 7 and it works perfectly, and the one that did not work (it was solved), that a Galaxy S8 with Android 8.

Same thank you very much for the indication.

Greetings.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.