(Play Store) How to sign .apk with certs from personal account

I have previously published an app to the Play Store from my personal account.

Now I have changed the app owner to an organization and am trying to publish a new build to the Play Store and I am receiving this error:

You uploaded an APK that is not signed with the upload certificate. You must use the same certificate.

Following instructions from a similar post, I signed into my personal account and ran expo fetch:android:upload-cert, which gave me an upload_cert.pem file.

Now I’m having trouble figuring out how to upload this .pem file to the Play Store. I checked under Release > Set Up > App Integrity but I can’t find a place to upload a cert. Do I need to “request a key upgrade” and email the upload_cert.pem that was fetched from the command I ran?

I’m a little confused with the approach to fix this:

• Is there some way to replace our organization account’s certs with my personal account’s, then run a new build which would generate a .apk signed with my personal account’s certs, thus matching the one’s in Google Play Store?

• Or do I need to replace the cert in the Play Store with our organization account’s, so that when we upload the .apk signed with the organization’s cert, it matches?

Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.