Permission Denied when installing expo client

Hi,

I am using MacOS Mojave 10.14.2 and I try to install the expo client by using the command “npm install -g expo-client”, but it doesn’t seem to be working due to the permission denied and the error is as following:

npm ERR! path /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo

npm ERR! code EACCES

npm ERR! errno -13

npm ERR! syscall access

npm ERR! Error: EACCES: permission denied, access ‘/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo

npm ERR! { [Error: EACCES: permission denied, access ‘/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo’]

npm ERR! stack:

npm ERR! “Error: EACCES: permission denied, access ‘/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo’”,

npm ERR! errno: -13,

npm ERR! code: ‘EACCES’,

npm ERR! syscall: ‘access’,

npm ERR! path: ‘/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo’ }

npm ERR!

npm ERR! The operation was rejected by your operating system.

npm ERR! It is likely you do not have the permissions to access this file as the current user

npm ERR!

npm ERR! If you believe this might be a permissions issue, please double-check the

npm ERR! permissions of the file and its containing directories, or try running

npm ERR! the command again as root/Administrator (though this is not recommended).

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:

npm ERR! /Users/bunlong/.npm/_logs/2019-04-17T04_48_29_919Z-debug.log

It would be a pleasure if anyone could help me with this error. Thank you.

Hi @bun_long,

Are you looking to install the Expo Client or the Expo CLI? The Client is the mobile app that allows you to run your projects without being standalone apps. The CLI is what you would install via npm, you can read about it here

Let me know if that helps!

1 Like

Thank you so much. I’ve been able to install it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.