Pause video recording

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 44
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all):All
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

Hi All,
I am developing a video recording application.
I am wondering if there is any way we can pause the video recording and resume it after

Hey @moh456, this is not currently possible the with the expo-camera module.

Hi @moh456

React Native Vision Camera apparently supports this:

It also comes with an Expo Config Plugin, so you should be able to use it in an Expo managed app as long as you build with EAS Build. (Not expo build) And instead of Expo Go you can build a dev client.

Hi Wodin,
Thank you so much for the answer.
I am trying to test the VISIONCamera but I am getting the following error when I run “eas build” command

any idea?

Appreciate your help

hmmm…

I’m not sure what’s going on there. I haven’t used Vision Camera myself, but if I give it a try I do not get the above error. I do, however, get other errors :-/

By the way, these days you probably need to compile with JDK 11 instead of JDK 8, so you might need to specify "image": "latest" or "image": "ubuntu-20.04-jdk-11-ndk-r21e"

The first error I ran into was about the compileSdkVersion because it seems Vision Camera wants at least compileSdkVersion 31.

EDIT: There’s now an easier way:

To get around that I added an app.config.js file like this (in addition to the app.json):

import { AndroidConfig } from "@expo/config-plugins";

export default function ({ config }) {
  return {
    ...config,
    plugins: [
      [
        AndroidConfig.Version.withBuildScriptExtMinimumVersion,
        {
          name: "compileSdkVersion",
          minVersion: 31,
        },
      ],
      [
        AndroidConfig.Version.withBuildScriptExtMinimumVersion,
        {
          name: "targetSdkVersion",
          minVersion: 31,
        },
      ],
    ],
  };
}

Not sure if targetSdkVersion is needed, but I added it anyway.

But then I ran into an issue with kotlin stdlib versions (jdk7 vs. jdk8). I tried to figure out how to resolve that, but did not manage. I think it has something to do with kotlin versions used by gradle.

Might be worth creating an issue in the Vision Camera repository.

Thanks, I also have the same issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.