password for p12 cert

Hi,

I have build an .ipa file using expo build:ios and I let expo to handle the process.
Now I need to build another version of the app. By the way I wanted to use the existing distribution certificate which was generated by expo.

So I used expo fetch: ios certs. And saved all the files locally. The prob I am facing is, while build .ipa I have given the local path of .p12 file. But it is asking for password. I dont the password for p12 file. Because it was created by expo. Please help me with this scenario.

Thanks.

@homolog_ess, @charliecruzan

Please help me with this problem.

When you run expo fetch:ios:certs password was displayed in terminal, there is no way to recover it. You need to generate new distribution certificate and provisioning profile.

Thanks for the reply @wkozyra.

Is there any other way to use the existing distribution certificate which was generated by expo?

By reuse do you mean between different expo apps?
In that case yes, you can do this with expo credentials:manager and I think that build command should also suggest that option if you select “let’s expo handle it”

Above is only correct if distribution certificate is on expo servers, there is no way to download certificate from apple developer portal after creation.

@wkozyra
In my case I build an ios app v1 using expo build: ios. During that time I let the expo to create distribution certificates and Provisioning profiles for my app.

Now I have to build V2 for that application.

I want the already existing distribution cert which was created by expo during V1 build to be used for this V2 build. For that purpose I used “expo fetch: ios certs” command to download all the certificates which was created by expo during V1 build.

While building V2 I can be able to locate the p12 certificate which I downloaded. But it is asking for password.

I’m not sure what you mean by v1 and v2 builds? If this is the same application you don’t need to do anything.

expo build:ios asks for credentials only on the first build, for next builds the same credentials will be used. Only exceptions to that are:

• running build:ios --clear-credentials
  • changing slug or ios.bundleIdentifier in your app.json

While building V2 I can be able to locate the p12 certificate which I downloaded. But it is asking for password.

As I already mentioned, password was printed on terminal when you ran expo fetch:ios:certs

1 Like

Hi @wkozyra

Finally retrieved the certs and password using - expo fetch:ios:certs

Thanks for your support.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.